[imp] s/mime help

Marcos Monge mmonge at satec.es
Thu Feb 20 19:20:01 PST 2003

Hi everybody

I have instaled horde/imp cvs HEAD for testing s/mime support.

I have all working, but I have some problems with certificates.

Imp support only pkcs7 certifies files.

I have try to create a new certificate with my own CA (with openssl)
following this steps:

echo "Self-sign the root CA..."
openssl req -new -x509 -days 3650 -config root-ca.conf -key ca.key -out
ca.crt
# create the certificate
openssl req -new -config user-cert.conf -key mmonge.key -out mmonge.csr
#  sign the certificate
openssl ca -config ca.config -out mmonge.crt -infiles mmonge.csr

(the .conf file have data about paths and defaults)

After all this, I have a "mmonge.crt" certfied, I think in x509 format.

How I can import this certificate to my public/private S/Mime key in
IMP? I have try to convert to pkcs7 format, but I only get one key (I
don't know if it's private or public key).

Any help is welcome.... and usefull links/docs also

Thanks in advance
Marcos Monge <mmonge at satec.es>