[imp] Attachment causes 1 message + 2 attachments + double size

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Thu Feb 20 19:00:17 PST 2003

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Hello Patrick Boutilier,
>

> ======= At 2003-02-20, 16:36:00 you wrote: =======
>

>>The instructions at
>>

>>http://www.zend.com/manual/install.apache2.php
>>

>>are fine because they are compiling from source, not using RPMs
>>

> #--- snipp ---#
>
> Hm, that makes no difference when install is finished. RPM is just packet
> management and no 'patch system' for modifying software as in this case
> the Apache daemon.

Sure it makes a difference. When you install httpd via RPM the
httpd.conf file is created for you. When you install the php RPM the
file /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf is created for you.

When you install from source you have to create your own httpd.conf file
and adding the lines below is correct.

  LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

> As Redhat includes the PHP settings in a seperate config file into the main
> httpd.conf, then it is just 'style' and has no effect to any function. An other
> example for including config files to the httpd.conf is the way I include the
> Horde, IMP and Turba settings for directory protection. They could also take
> place in the one big config file.
>
> If you really think it makes a difference whether to install Apache 2.0 from
> source or RPM (or deb or anything other managing pakets) I am really
> interested in a beating reason.

I install from source whenever possible as I can control how the binary
is built, where the config files are, etc...