[imp] Attachment causes 1 message + 2 attachments + double size

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Feb 20 22:39:03 PST 2003

Hello Patrick Boutilier,

>The instructions at
>

>http://www.zend.com/manual/install.apache2.php
>

>are fine because they are compiling from source, not using RPMs

#--- snipp ---#

Hm, that makes no difference when install is finished. RPM is just packet
management and no 'patch system' for modifying software as in this case
the Apache daemon.

As Redhat includes the PHP settings in a seperate config file into the main
httpd.conf, then it is just 'style' and has no effect to any function. An other
example for including config files to the httpd.conf is the way I include the
Horde, IMP and Turba settings for directory protection. They could also take
place in the one big config file.

If you really think it makes a difference whether to install Apache 2.0 from
source or RPM (or deb or anything other managing pakets) I am really
interested in a beating reason.

Greeting to you all

Alexander Dalloz