[imp] Segfault in httpd when trying to access Imp.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Feb 20 21:01:35 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

| > It's notable that the IMAP
| > server that I have these problems with does not have a "THREAD=" entry
| > in the result of the CAPABILITY command, yet Imp does never the less
| > offer me the option of a 'Thread view'.
|
| That, then, would be a bug in Horde/IMP, and should be fixed there,
| either in the code or by the admin in the configuration.

There really is no way of IMP to obtain this information.  IMP only
connects to the IMAP server through the imap_*() functions, and none of
these functions give any information on the server capabilities.

I have not looked at the source code, but it is possible the imap_thread()
function will use the server's thread functionality if available and will
use its internal function if not.

michael