[imp] s/mime help

Marcos Monge mmonge at satec.es
Thu Feb 20 22:03:15 PST 2003

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Hello Marcos Monge,
>

>>I have instaled horde/imp cvs HEAD for testing s/mime support.
>>
>>I have all working, but I have some problems with certificates.
>>
>>Imp support only pkcs7 certifies files.
>>
>>I have try to create a new certificate with my own CA (with openssl)
>>following this steps:
>>
>>echo "Self-sign the root CA..."
>>openssl req -new -x509 -days 3650 -config root-ca.conf -key ca.key -out
>>ca.crt
>># create the certificate
>>openssl req -new -config user-cert.conf -key mmonge.key -out mmonge.csr
>>#  sign the certificate
>>openssl ca -config ca.config -out mmonge.crt -infiles mmonge.csr
>>
>>(the .conf file have data about paths and defaults)
>>
>>After all this, I have a "mmonge.crt" certfied, I think in x509 format.
>>

>>How I can import this certificate to my public/private S/Mime key in
>>IMP? I have try to convert to pkcs7 format, but I only get one key (I
>>don't know if it's private or public key).
>>

>Take crl2pkcs7.
>

>Further infos on http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man1/openssl_crl2pkcs7.1.asp
>or other hits on google with search for "openssl pkcs7".

I have try this:

openssl crl2pkcs7 -nocrl -certfile mmonge.crt -outform PEM -out mmonge.pem

and mmonge.pem is:

-----BEGIN PKCS7-----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-----END PKCS7-----

But... When you go to smime optins in IMP, IMP ask first for my public
key, and after for my private key... My question is, this pkcs7 file
that I generated, is the public or the private key of my certificate?
How can I get the other?

Thanks in advance