[imp] Attachment causes 1 message + 2 attachments + double size

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Feb 21 04:44:53 PST 2003

Eric Rostetter wrote:

>Quoting "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver at samera.com.py>:
>

>>michael at eigentechnology.com wrote:
>>

>>>OK...  I removed these two lines from my httpd.conf, and now it is working
>>>

>>for
>>

>>>my httpd 2.0.44 as well.
>>>
>>># AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
>>># AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>>>
>>>It seems that that these two lines are required in Apache 1.3.27 but not in
>>>Apache 2.0.44.  It might have been explained in a doco somewhere that I have
>>>missed, could anyone tell me why these two lines are no longer needed in
>>>

>>2.0.44 ?
>>

>>Maybe because in Apache 2 that should go to /etc/httpd/conf.d/*
>>

>No, they actually are not needed in Apache 2.x at all.  I do not, and
>never have, had them in my Apache 2.x config files (any of them).
>
>I wonder why/how they were in other people's configurations and not in
>my own, when using the same OS/Apache....

You're right.
The apache rpm does not install anything in /etc/httpd/conf.d/
Only the apache modules, like php, install their files there.
In the case of the php rpm, that package install this file:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
-----------------------------
LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so
<Files *.php>
    SetOutputFilter PHP
    SetInputFilter PHP
    LimitRequestBody 524288
</Files>
-----------------------------

And there is no other configuration needed to apache 2.x to make
php work.

So, the people that are having problems with this issue, should delete
all their:
AddType directtives and try again.

Please keep posting the result.

Thanks