[imp] HTTPS, IMP 3.1, Attachments

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 21 10:14:32 PST 2003

Quoting DJ Tech <djtech at djtech.org>:

> Tools->Internet Options->Security->Downloads->File download
> Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Security->Do not save encrypted pages to
> disk

The second was the option I was talking about.  You want to disable it,
so you can save encrypted pages to disk.

> Obviously the first one needs to be left enabled.  I toggled the second
> option
> I've listed on and off (via checkmark), closed all Internet Explorer sessions
> and tried the download again.  So far I have gotten the same error messages.

Bummer, sorry...

> It sounds like you've got a production IMP server?  Are you running IMP
> version 3.1 w/ Apache and PHP 4.X?  Can you test an attachment yourself with
> I.E. and see if it works?

Actually I run CVS (HEAD and RELENG) and from what I'm told, that is probably
part of the reason.  CVS RELENG or IMP 3.2-RC3 have this fixed I'm told.
So I wouldn't see the same issue as you.

But, at the same time, I've always run ssl (https) only since IMP 2.2.x
all the way through (3.0, 3.1, 3.2) and never had this problem...  So,
not sure what to say.

But, from the other people's postings, seems like 3.2 (RC3, or wait
for the release) will be a good fix for it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!