[imp] HTTPS, IMP 3.1, Attachments

DJ Tech djtech at djtech.org
Fri Feb 21 09:44:07 PST 2003

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked through all the options present in my
Internet Explorer v6sp1.  The only options I seen that may effect the download
would be these:

Tools->Internet Options->Security->Downloads->File download
Tools->Internet Options->Advanced->Security->Do not save encrypted pages to
disk

Obviously the first one needs to be left enabled.  I toggled the second option
I've listed on and off (via checkmark), closed all Internet Explorer sessions
and tried the download again.  So far I have gotten the same error messages.
I even set my security settings in I.E. to low and medium and restored the
advanced settings to default (which puts a checkmark on not saving encrypted
pages to disk).  None of these changes have made a difference.

I thought maybe this was an issue with my browser since it is the most recent
version (I downloaded the only patch for I.E. I didn't have this morning from
Windows update).  So I did the same tests from a machine running Windows 2000
Pro w/ I.E. 5.5.  Same results.

It sounds like you've got a production IMP server?  Are you running IMP
version 3.1 w/ Apache and PHP 4.X?  Can you test an attachment yourself with
I.E. and see if it works?