[imp] Attachment causes 1 message + 2 attachments + double size .... again

Miihkali miihkali at teleheino.fi
Mon Feb 24 22:37:57 PST 2003

-> http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20030217/030346.html
------------------
Dear imp guru's

How i fix that "2 attachements, one is double in size the other is empty
file" problem.

I use RedHat 8, RPM php-4.2.2-8.0.7, RPM apache httpd-2.0.40-11 and source:
Horde: 2.1
IMP: 3.2
Turba: 1.1
Passwd: 2.1

Is it a good thing to try update my RPM php-4.2.2 ?

Thank's a lot for all people who made that famous webmail program.

Regards,
Mika Nieminen from Finland

-------------------

Quoting Zvani Dzoni <zvanidzoni at email.si>:

> When I send a mail with atachemnt, a recieve the following Warning:

[...]

> After adding attachment in IMP, impatt* file exists in /tmp/upload. It is
> already twice in size.

Welcome to a small and exclusive club.

> When message is recieved, there are 2 attachments, one is double in size
> the other is empty file.

Exactly.

> I don't know what to do?

Neither does anyone else.  Join the effort to figure out the problem would
be a good start.

> I've searched the list and
> tried everything except upgrading PHP to 4.2.3 and to latest Horde and
IMP.

Had you searched the list well, you would have found that there is no known
solution (nor cause) for this problem.  And that upgrading php/horde/imp
probably won't help.

If you want to try upgrading anyway, you can try my apache/php rpms
at https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/ and see if they help.  The only
other person with the problem says they didn't help, but you never know.

I've run both the stock rpms and my own, and never run into this problem.

> I would appreciate any help or information!

Please provide details of your setup.  If enough people having this problem
can contribute such information *maybe* we can find the common thread(s)
that cause it.

> Thanks!

> imap-2002b      (src)

That is a wild card.  The rest of us are using 2001a from RH.
>From the horde/imp/docs/INSTALL file:

        IMPORTANT NOTE: c-client support is broken in PHP 4.2.2 & 4.2.3.
        If you are using either of these versions you can not use any
        'imap-2002' releases or else IMP will not function properly. If this
        is your situation, you have 2 options:

          1. If using PHP 4.2.3, you can apply this patch:

http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20021111/026936.html

          2. Downgrade to using the 'imap-2001a' source code.

So, you might want to consider a change based on the above.  You could
try using my rpms which would move you to php 4.3.0.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!