[imp] Question about "Reply to a Valid Email Address" when recipients click on the reply button

=?big5?q?IMP=20ITOK?= itok_imp at yahoo.com.hk
Sat Mar 1 14:11:37 PST 2003

Hi All,

I have set the IMP 3.1 up with Horde 2.2.1 in Redhat Linux 7.3.

Everything runs well =). However, I have several questions about the From, ReplytoAddress when I compose an email to others.

We have two email domains, say abc.com and 123.com. When our colleagues login in the login page, they have to specify which mail servers they login, say pop.abc.com and pop.123.com, we can successfully login to it. When we compose an email to others, the field "Identity" is always be set with the login name together with the maildomain set in the /horde/imp/horde/servers.php. (e.g. pc12 at abc.com)  When the recipients click on the reply button to reply our email, the email will be replied to pc12 at abc.com. The problem comes as "pc12" is the login name, due to security, we won't let others to know that, so if others want to reply us emails, they have to reply to another email address, say John at abc.com which actually transfers emails to the "pc12 at abc.com". Any emails to "pc12 at abc.com" directly won't be processed.

Q1. Can we edit the "Identity" directly so that the recipients can reply to a "valid" email address? If Yes, how to config it?

Q2. IMP will insert the mail domain to the "Identity" according to the settings in the /horde/imp/config/servers.php --> 'maindomain', if we have not specified a value for it, will IMP be able to set the maindomain in any other places? or edit directly in the "Identity" when composing an email?

Q3. Other than editing the "Identity" directly, is there any other suggestions to let recipients to reply to a "valid" email address, e.g. finding the corresponding name for pc12 (which is John in this example) from the Ldap server? If yes, how to config it?

Could anyone give me suggestions?? Thanks in advance =)

PC Man

§ÚªºÅº¶Æ(®e¯ª¨à)¡A¥ª¾F¥k¨½(§õ§J¶Ô)¡A§A³Ì¬õ(Twins)...
¹L¤d­º¤â¾÷¹aÁn ÂIRing³£±o