[imp] Re: virtual users setup

Alan W. Rateliff, II lists at rateliff.net
Mon Mar 3 23:09:57 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Premeau" <premeau at uwp.edu>
To: <imp at lists.horde.org>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 6:52 PM
Subject: [imp] Re: virtual users setup

> > I have written my own _horde_hook_username and _imp_hook_vinfo which
others
> > might be interested in.  They're fairly rudamentary.
>
> Your scripts answer a lot of questions, but they still leave one.
>
> For various reasons, I don't want to do "virtual hosting" for the other
> departmental email systems.
>
> I want all web mail users to go to the same server, rangermail.uwp.edu and
> then have their user name determine which IMAP server to poll for
messages.

> I have all of the information in the servers.php file, I'm looking for how
> 'direct' IMP to a specific entry based on the host name portion of the
email
> address.
>
> Steve.

It would be a bit more overhead (program-wise and administratively,) but you
could use another db to contain email addresses and their appropriate
mailservers.  Or, with a little modification, my routines could do
subdomaining.

I don't suppose it would be too difficult to use the information stored in
your servers.php file, either.  The hooks just need to be made aware of
those configs.

--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :       RATELIFF.NET
 Independent Technology Consultant :    alan2 at rateliff.net
      (Office) 850/350-0260        :  (Mobile) 850/559-0100