[imp] Solution for empty attachments

lody at great2cu.net lody at great2cu.net
Wed Mar 5 15:48:44 PST 2003

I had a problem when sending attachments that they arrived as empty documents.
After browsing I noticed that various people had simular problems with
different solutions. I was triggered by a post reporting a problem with
temporary files.

The solution in my case was to check three entries in php.ini that are
concerned with upload of documents:

file_uploads = On
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp/pass   --> wherever you want this
upload_max_filesize = 20M    --> whatever size is necessary

My main problem occured to be that the specified temp directory wasn't
writeable by the owner of apache, because the subdir it was created by root.

It might help some people.

Lody