[imp] can't open stream imap

Greg gsml at netops.gvtc.com
Wed Mar 5 18:47:50 PST 2003

I'm having an issue where at the login prompt i get a bad pw error.  If
i go look in imap's logs it says i loged and right back out such as
this:
Mar  6 12:08:49 spectre imapd[7195]: imap service init from
216.177.160.105
Mar  6 12:08:49 spectre imapd[7195]: Login user=greg host=gltp.gvtc.com
[216.177.160.105]
Mar  6 12:08:49 spectre imapd[7195]: Logout user=greg host=gltp.gvtc.com
[216.177.160.105]

the horde.log file hasn't shown an entry since the last time i
sucessfully logged in (yesterday early morning)

The problem started when I went to go look at upgrading to 3.2 of imp
and realized it was gonna take a lot of work so reverted (just moving
directories around since I hadn't changed anything outside the imp
directory).  When I went to go do this upgrade I noticed the php-4.2.3
upgrades from horde and did those just before trying the change. Then I
re-installed pear-4.1.0.  This worked fine for a day.  Then I starting
getting pear related errors.  I went and verified my pear install and it
seemed right so i verified the php packages and the main php rpm was
missing files.  So i reinstalled the php and pear and all those error
went away but now i'm getting the current problem of not being able to
log in.

I went the the imp/test.php and pointed it at my server and got this:
--
Server="spectre.nytefyre.net" user="greg"
mailbox="{spectre.nytefyre.net:143}Mailbox"

Warning: Couldn't open stream {spectre.nytefyre.net:143}Mailbox in
/var/www/html/mail/horde/imp/test.php on line 157

Warning: imap_mailboxmsginfo(): supplied argument is not a valid imap
resource in /var/www/html/mail/horde/imp/test.php on line 158
Mailbox has messages ( new recent)
Warning: imap_close(): supplied argument is not a valid imap resource in
/var/www/html/mail/horde/imp/test.php on line 160
--

So i tried pointing at another imap server I have access to and it
worked. Any ideas? This is my setup:

RH7.2
Qmail 1.03
qpopper4.0.3

mysql-3.23.54a-3.72
mysql-devel-3.23.54a-3.72
mysql-server-3.23.54a-3.72
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-8

php-4.2.3-0horde1
php-mysql-4.2.3-0horde1
php-ldap-4.2.3-0horde1
php-imap-4.2.3-0horde1

imap-2001a-1.72.0
imap-devel-2001a-1.72.0

poppassd-ceti-1.8-4rh72

and finally:

Horde Versions
      * Horde: 2.1
      * IMP: 3.1
      * Turba: 1.1
      * Kronolith: 1.0
      * Mnemo: 1.0
      * Nag: 1.0
      * Passwd: 2.0

and pear4.1.0

And I did look through the archives and didn't see any solutions.

--
Greg <gsml at netops.gvtc.com>