[imp] can't open stream imap

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 6 23:13:38 PST 2003

Quoting Greg <gsml at netops.gvtc.com>:

> I finally found something about this and fixed the problem
> referencing this e-mail:
> -----------------
> List:     imp
> Subject:  Re: [imp] Problem Logging On
> From:     Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter () physics ! utexas ! edu>

I was about to answer this again, but thanks for saving me the trouble ;)

> Date:     2003-02-24 15:55:55
> [Download message RAW]
> You need to add /novalidate-cert and/or /notls to your protocol as
> documented in horde/imp/config/servers.php.

Yep.

> But according to the documentation (and the fact that this was working 2
> days ago) it says:

But you upgraded/downgraded php in that time.

> -snippet from imp/config/servers.php-
> * protocol: One of 'imap/notls' (or only 'imap' if you have a
> * c-client version 2000c or older)
> -end snippet-

This refers to the imap c-client built into php, not your imap server.

> Well i never had this specified and i'm running 2001a of imap.. and its
> worked for well over a year...

See above.

> so beats the heck out of me...

You changed php from one that didn't have a tls capable c-client to
one that did.

> but now i've got a db problem *grumble*

Bummer dude...

--