[imp] Better tooltips

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Fri Mar 7 15:32:10 PST 2003

> Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:
>
> > It's a nice library an the tooltips look great. But: It doesn't support
> > Netscape 4.x. Not that I like this browser (I actually hate it), but as
> > IMP currently supports Netscape 4.x, you should be shure that you want to
> > remove NS4 from the well-supported-browsers-list.
>
> Can you make an argument as to why not supporting *just previews* on NN4.x
> (and we could always fall back to the current method for non-dom browsers)
> would mean that NN4 would not be well-supported anymore? Seems like a pretty
> trivial, non-core-functionality thing to me.
You're right. Previews are not the most important thing. But changing tooltips
to DOM would mean that any other tooltips wouldn't work with NN4, either. The
best way would be to have a fallback to the TITLE-version of tooltips.

I think the days of NN4 are gone soon. Then we don't have to discuss about it
anymore. ;-)

To make myself clear: I hate NN4, but I like Horde and IMP as well designed
software which handles almost any browser. I just wanted to remember about that
issue.

Gruss,
   Ollie.