[imp] IMAP proxy performance

Enoch Root enokhroot at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 04:54:09 PST 2003

Hi all;

I'd like to know your experiences with IMAPProxy and
Perdition.  Particularly, I wonder how each scales and
whether these are just proxies (i.e. they just relay
every auth. requests on behalf of IMP) or do they
actually hold persistent connections till a user logs
off.  If the latter is the case, do these proxies e.g.
hold 3000 connectinos to the IMAP server in case there
are 3000 concurrent users?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Please reply off-list as I'm not subscribed.