[imp] modifying fetchmail functionality in IMP CVS

Ian Firla ian at deepsky.com
Tue Mar 11 04:54:13 PST 2003

I've just dealt with this very situation.

I'm assuming that inbound and outbound mail goes through MailScanner
before it gets handed to the MTA/MDA?

If that's the case, then what you need to do is change the interface that
fetchmail talks to. By default, fetchmail talks to localhost; however, you
can change that with the "-P, --port <portnumber>" switch.

Point fetchmail to the interface that your virus scanner is listening on
and you're set!

Ian