[imp] Re: Horde and MySQL login (fwd)

Hans Gerber gerber at niekom.de
Wed Mar 12 02:11:36 PST 2003

Hi Chuck,

Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> schrieb :

> Quoting Hans Gerber <gerber at niekom.de>:
>
> > It doesn't work when I use mysql's password function nor put in a
> > string manually crypted with MD5 salt in the user_pass field. The
> > later at least gives me an error message like "wrong credentials".
>
> http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/horde/scripts/db/auth_initial_user.sql

This is a real nice and warm welcome effort, thx!

Since I now know it is definitly just a md5-hash, I can verify that
credentials are taken. I also set error_log to LOG_DEBUG. So it tells me
that I can succesfully login.

But I just stay on the login-screen, I was expecting to get the
admin-Menu to add some more users and the groups functionality or setup
other applications(I am aware of fiddling with a CVS-version). So far I
have only installed the base horde module from cvs-head. What would I
have to do to get the admin-menu?

I tried on installing mnemo on this, to see if this would change
anything. No it's not. And even worse, mnemo(at leat in head) seems to
be based on a new XML-Configuration scheme. So I guess without the
admin-functions I might not even be able to config it manually.

Yes, the user is listed in the admin() array. ;)

Thx,
hans