Virtual File System Docs(was: [imp] Re: multiple IMP front ends?)

Son Truong svt at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 17:06:45 PST 2003

Hello,

I have just installed Horde 2.2 and Imp 3.2 and wonder where I could
find documentation with regards to the VFS, and in particular, how
to set things up so that when sending attachments from a Webmail system
set up with multiple front-ends, the temporary files are stored in a mysql
database as suggested below.

Any pointers would be greatfully appreciated.

On 03/11/2002 Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Steven Premeau <premeau at uwp.edu>:
>
> >     One gotcha that we haven't solved.  If a user attaches a file to a
> > message composition and then "dawdles" before sending the message (by
> > editing the composition or just delaying) we have had the system change
> > "front-end" hosts during that delay -- because the attached files are
> > placed in /tmp during composition, they are not shared between machines
> > and you get lots of errors when the system goes looking for them.
>
> You should try out the VFS (virtual file system) that just was merged to the
> RELENG_* branches in CVS. It let's you store attachments on a central DB server.
>
> Jan.
>
> --
> http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> http://www.ammma.de - discover your knowledge