[imp] how can i avoid users having to log in with user@domain ?

Hector Lecuanda mailadmin at lecuanda.com
Thu Mar 13 14:11:03 PST 2003

Hello, all.

Here is my situation:
I have two separate servers, one exclusively for web
the other exclusively for email/imap/pop:

my software versions:
(web side)
imp-3.1_3
horde-2.2.1_1
mod_php4-4.2.3
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.27+2.8.11
FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE

(email side)

MDaemon SMTP/POP/IMAP server: v6.7.6
Microsoft windows 2000 Server

-0-0-0-0-0
 I also have configured several virtual domains, both web-side and server-side,
and i am using a single imp/horde installation to service all of them. It works
perfectly fine, and all domains can send/recieve email correctly. i am using
the $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] variable to sort them out on virtual hosts and
provide a customized 'welcome to mail.virual-domain.tld' message on the imp
login screen already.

 the problem is that MDaemon requires users on virtual hosts to log in as
user at virtual-domain.tld

 this has several drawbacks, as the horde home page will show
'Welcome user at virual-domain.tld@virtual-domain.tld' on the header

 what i would like to do, is to be able to have my users log in as 'username'
only instead of 'username at virtual-domain.tld', but still send the login request
to the mail server as 'username at virtual-domain.tld', determining the 'virtual-
domain.tld' part from the $_SERVER[SERVER_NAME] variable in a similar fashion
to the server config file.

 i bet that will get rid of the duplicate domain name on the horde main screen.

 has anyone encountered a similar situation?
 if so.. have you been able to resolve it..

 im sure that it is something trivial, but i'm missing the point.

 Best Regards

--
http://lecuanda.com