[imp] VFS attachments not working

Son Truong svt at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 16:48:25 PST 2003

Hello,

In my continuing search for documentation on how to use the VFS for
temporary storage of attachments I have shed some light and come
into some problems.

1 To use the SQL VFS you need a table within your horde database.
In horde/scripts/db, there is a vfs.sql script to create that table.

2 Edit the horde/config/horde.php making the appropriate changes:
$conf['vfs']['type'] = 'sql';
//$conf['vfs']['params']['vfsroot'] = '/tmp';
$conf['vfs']['params'] = array();
$conf['vfs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['vfs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'mysql_server';
$conf['vfs']['params']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
$conf['vfs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['vfs']['params']['password'] = '******';
$conf['vfs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['vfs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_vfs';

3. Edit the horde/imp/config/conf.php making the change:
$conf['compose']['use_vfs'] = true;

Having reached this far and haven't found anything else to configure,
the attachments don't seem to work. When adding an attachment in a
compose window everything seems ok - a successful message is
displayed. But once the message gets sent - there is no attachment.
In IMP it never shows up and in another mail client the message shows
there is an attachment, but on opening (or saving) the attachment it is
empty.

Nothing ever gets stored in the horde_vfs table and a table called
horde_vfs_seq is created (with a single column called 'id' which is
filled with a number).

What else do I need to do to get this to work?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Son

PS. I am using HORDE 2.2.1, IMP 3.2.1 and PHP 4.3.1 on
Solaris 8 running MySQL 3.23.55.