[imp] Problem displaying INBOX w/ IE 6.0

Matt Baran mgb at uwm.edu
Mon Mar 17 13:53:32 PST 2003

I have started seeing a strange problem with our users logging in and being
unable to load their INBOX or Folder lists.

All of these users have problems using Internet Explorer 6.0 on machines with
the .Net framework installed. These same users can use machines without .Net
framework without problems. Using mozilla/netscape/opera on the affected
machines allows them full functionality as well, but IE is our campus standard
so I'd like to solve this problem.

The logs show nothing out of the ordinary, even when turned all the way up to
DEBUG they look identical to successful useage.

So far I've received reports from close to 100 out of 20000 users. Not a large
amount, but I'd like to help them or find a fix before .Net spreads....

We're using the following on SuSE 8.1 servers:

Horde: 2.2.2-cvs
IMP: 3.2.1-cvs (run IMP tests)
Turba: 1.2-cvs
Apache 1.3.27
PHP 4.2.2

All PHP and PEAR modules are installed and up-to-date.

Thank you,

Matt Baran
Information & Media Technologies
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee