[imp] Sending MS word documents mime type gets changed.

Robert Sand rsand at d.umn.edu
Mon Mar 17 14:41:56 PST 2003

Eric Rostetter wrote:

>Quoting Robert Sand <rsand at d.umn.edu>:
>

>>Using imp Head, RedHat 8.0
>>
>>Word documents sent as attachments are being sent with an rtf mimetype.
>>Does anybody know how or what I should change to get the correct mime
>>type for both word and excel docs?
>>

>What version of IMP, and what version of php?
>
>Try horde/config/mime_*.php and/or horde/imp/config/mime_*.php to start.
>An expert might have better advice.  If using a current (HEAD?) IMP with
>a current PHP (4.3?) then you can have it use the file command or php
>builtin file functionality to id the files.  Again, an expert (Michael)
>may have better advice, but knowing your Horde/IMP/PHP versions would
>certainly help answer the question.

Here is more information.  The version of imp is the CVS HEAD version
from Thursday last week.  I am able to send a word document via imp but
when wvhtml bings it up it say "How Odd A blank file" or something
similar or nothing at all.  The version of php is 4.2.2 that came with
redhat 8.  I did set the path to file in horde/config/conf.php.  The
person I was talking to about the document being converted to rtf had a
bad file but what I now describe does happen.

--
Robert Sand.
mailto:rsand at d.umn.edu
University of Minnesota, Duluth
144 MWAH
218-726-6122        fax 218-726-7674

"Walk behind me I may not lead, Walk in front of me I may not follow,
 Walk beside me and we walk together"  UTE Tribal proverb.