[imp] msie 6.0 / winxp slowness (Solved, for me at least)

Doug Curtis doug.curtis at world-mail.org
Wed Mar 19 16:27:54 PST 2003

I hate changing threads but maybe this will help someone else.

I started to think about this logically.  Why are only certain users having
this problem?

I created a new dummy account and was able to login fine.

 From there I started to compare the options in IMP from my account to the
dummy account.

I narrowed it down to how many messages are being displayed on each
page.  For example, my dummy account had 1 message in the inbox.  My
account has 36 in the inbox.  When I changed the number on my account to
anything lower than 27, it worked fine. 27 and higher, it started to do the
same thing again.

So, in the options page, under Display options, try changing the number in
"Messages per page in the mailbox view" back to the default of 20.  (This
is assuming that people have changed it from the default)

Can anyone else confirm if this helps them?

Doug