[imp] msie 6.0 / winxp slowness (Solved, for me at least)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Mar 20 00:35:38 PST 2003

Quoting Doug Curtis <doug.curtis at world-mail.org>:

| Sorry , one other thing.
|
| I just had a user who was having the same problem.  I had to set his to
| 15 in order to work.  He had 65 messages in his inbox.

My 2 cents:
I have this same problem... except I only see it with IE 6 and Win2K.  I use
IE 6 and WinXP at home and have never seen it.  Namely the problem is that
every so often (maybe 1 in 150 messages) I try to view a message in my INBOX
and nothing will happen (the browser says "Waiting for
bigworm.colorado.edu..." and never changes).  Even more interesting, looking
at the logs, the page has been sent by the web server.  Additionally, if I
view the same mailbox/message on the same computer with Mozilla I have no
problems whatsoever.  As I mentioned previously, I have only seen this on
one machine I use so it doesn't appear to be reproducible.

I'm chalking it up to IE behavior rather than anything being broken in
IMP/Horde/PHP/Apache but other thoughts are welcome.

michael