[imp] Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator

Tenebrae tene_IMP at niceboots.com
Thu Mar 20 10:06:45 PST 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Chris Hastie wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Tenebrae <tene_IMP at niceboots.com> wrote
> >
> >Notice: (null)(): Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator
> >(errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0
> >
> >Server and user names have been edited to protect the guilty...
> >I scoured the archives and found a lot of references to some Cyrus imap
> >thing, but I'm not using that.  I have no sasldb and no /etc/imapd.conf.
> >Nothing.  Nothing but pain...
>
> It sounds like an IMAP server problem rather than an Imp one. Can you
> log in using any other client? Or manually at a telnet prompt? Sounds
> like you've inadvertently configured the server not to accept plain text
> logins and haven't provided any stronger log in method.

Quite possibly.
Unfortunately, I'm much more familiar with port 25 and 110 commands, so
I'm not sure how to test the IMAP server.
I'm getting this when I telnet to port 143:
(Host names and IPs have been changed to protect the guilty.)

#telnet myserver.mydomain.com 143
Trying 127.0.0.1 ...
Connected to myserver.mydomain.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED]
myserver.mydomain.com IMAP4rev1 2002.332 at Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:04:50
-0800 (PST)

Somehow, LOGINDISABLED doesn't look right...
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.