[imp] msie 6.0 / winxp slowness (Solved, for me at least)

Douglas Furlong imp-list at dark-hill.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 15:14:27 PST 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> Quoting Doug Curtis <doug.curtis at world-mail.org>:
>
> | So changing the number of messages per page hasn't helped anyone else?
> |
> | Doug
>
> I'm guessing that all changing the number of messages per page is doing is
> changing the actual content of any particular page. Thus, whatever data may
> be screwing up the browser (be it a problem with compression or whatever) is
> not manifesting itself because the data per page has been changed.
>
> Someone should try turning page compression off and see if that helps...
>
> michael

Good day all.

I thought I would add my experiences to this.

The problem I was having was accessing individual email's as apposed to the inbox.

On logging in to hord (latest CVS version give or take a day or two), I check for new mails in numerous mail folders/files.

This works fine and every thing is displayed.

I can move to any folder I like, and get a list of mails. However when clicking on a mail (new or previously read), IE 6 will just sit there waiting, no error messages appear any where.

If it is a new mail, on logging in using a different browser that mail is now marked as being read.

I have just turned off compression in ./horde/config/conf.php

And things appear to now be working.

Doug
--
Douglas Furlong
Mobile: 07787 516 804

"There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary,
and those that do not".