[imp] upgrading problems

Sage McGirk sagem at cricket.mindcrime.net
Sat Mar 22 16:04:41 PST 2003

I just upgraded from php 4.2.3 to 4.3.1 and it completely broke my
horde/imp installation (2.0 and 3.0 respectively)  So I decided it was
time to upgrade to 2.2 and 3.2.1.  What fun its been.  I'm using qmail and
uw-imap and had a completly working setup before. So I have gone as far as
completly starting over with hored/imp including blowing away the dbase.

The test pages look great see below.  Upon going to my mail domain
http://mail.mydomain.com (which worked before so the apache forwarding of
the "/" 's works fine. I get 'The page cannot be displayed'

Below will prove connection through horde/imp to the mail server, so I
have no idea where to begin troubleshooting since i'm getting nothing in
/tmp/horde.log <---which i nuked and was never recreated by horde.

 Here's horde/test.php

Horde Versions
Horde: 2.2
PHP Version
View phpinfo() screen
PHP Version: 4.3.1
PHP Major Version: 4.3
PHP Minor Version: 1
PHP Version Classification: release
You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
DOM XML Support: No
Gettext Support: Yes
IMAP Support: Yes
LDAP Support: No
MCAL Support: No
Mcrypt Support: No
MySQL Support: Yes
PostgreSQL Support: No
XML Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
file_uploads enabled: Yes
safe_mode disabled: Yes
trans_sid disabled: Yes
PHP Sessions
Session counter: 9
To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
PEAR - Yes
Recent PEAR - Yes
Mail - Yes
Mail_Mime - Yes
Log - Yes
DB - Yes
Net_Socket - Yes
Date - Yes
HTML_Common/HTML_Select - Yes

horde/imp/test.php

PHP IMAP Support Test server="my.server.net" user="user at domain.net"
mailbox="{my.server.net:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}INBOX" INBOX has 3190
messages (3077 new 0 recent)

thanks in advance as always

/sm