[imp] Cyrus and IMP inbox defaults

imp imp at xtremedev.com
Sat Mar 22 16:00:40 PST 2003

Hello,

  I currently have a postfix/cyrus-imapd2 mailserver as a backend to IMP
  3-HEAD (cvs'd nightly). My issue is that I have numerous complains
  from my mail users that they can't create folders to store their
  emails. I have to explain to them that to create folders in IMP with
  Cyrus, you need to "check" the box next to their INBOX in folder view,
  before selecting create a new folder from the drop down box. Each, and
  every, single, time.

  Understandable, this is getting tiresome. Therefore being motivated, I
  searched groups.google.com for what others have said about this
  combination of IMP and Cyrus with regards to the folder creation
  issue. I found one email at:

  http://groups.google.com/groups?q=imp+cyrus+inbox+folder+create&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&scoring=date&selm=b2dsul%241be3%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=3

  That suggested putting 'namepace' => 'INBOX.' in
  horde/imp/config/servers.php would solve this issue. I looked in my
  horde/imp/config/servers.php file, and lo and behold, that line
  already exists. So this does not solve the issue for me.

  I did not find any other emails listing a solution, so I thought I
  would inquire for other possible suggestions. I know a cyrus/imp setup
  cannot be that rare. Anyone out there with a solution?

  Thanks.