[imp] Can't send mail after php upgrade

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Sat Mar 22 21:47:22 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Did you configure horde/imp to use a local sendmail program or to use
> smtp?

I've been using smtp for a while (so that MailScanner will check all outgoing mail).

> The Admin FAQ at http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/ has some mail sending
> debugging help in it.

I checked the FAQ before posting, and double-checked everything in it.
All looked good, and I figured it would because I didn't change anything
to do with horde; I just upgraded php. That said, if I switch to use sendmail
instead of smtp, mail is sent successfully (that's how I'm sending this
message). I like using smtp because I don't think outgoing mail is scanned by
MailScanner if I use sendmail directly.

> Does horde/test.php show any problems, in particular with PEAR?

test.php looks better now than it did with php 4.2.2; everything I need is
green, and PEAR no longer reports a problem with 'file'. I did, however, mean to
provide a link to the test page; I just forgot. It's located at

https://www.emery.homelinux.net/horde/test.php

Feel free to take a look (the https is important; my ISP appears to block port
80 coming in).

I'm kind of at a loss; SquirrelMail works, so it looks as though smtp via php is
working OK. Also, my Mozilla mail client is set up to use smtp, so I know my
smtp server is working OK.

I'll have to ponder this more tomorrow; I know the answer is out there.

Thanks for the help,
Rick