[imp] Can't send mail after php upgrade

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 22 23:07:24 PST 2003

Quoting Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>:

> I'm kind of at a loss; SquirrelMail works, so it looks as though smtp via php
> is
> working OK. Also, my Mozilla mail client is set up to use smtp, so I know my
> smtp server is working OK.

The only guess I can make (and it is a guess) is that it is using sasl_auth
and failing for some reason.  Can you check your mail logs and see if you
can see anything?

I see you have the Auth_SASL PEAR package installed.  Did you configure
horde to use SMTP Auth?  Do your other mail clients use SMTP Auth?  Did you
configure sendmail to use SASL?

Someone who knows Auth_SASL can probably tell me if my guess is wrong or
not.  Just tossing it out as something to look at or thing about.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!