[imp] Suggestion

Brenda Bell k15a-list-horde at theotherbell.com
Mon Mar 24 13:20:35 PST 2003

One of the features I absolutely love about IMP is the way it
initializes the from address on replies to match the recipient; iow,
when I reply to email sent to me at mydomain.com the reply puts
me at mydomain.com in the sender field regardless of what my default
identity is.

The scenario where this doesn't work is email received from several of
the mailing lists I subscribe to: responding to mail addressed to
users at lists.example.org uses the default identity -- makes sense since
it has no way of figuring out that I post to the list as
k15a-list-example at mydomain.com.

Since I participate in a lot of mailing lists and sometimes forget to
set the right identity when responding to a message, I thought I might
be able to force this behavior by redirecting mail from mailing lists
to the appropriate identity before responding -- but alas, it didn't work.

I guess what I'm looking for is some feature that lets me say "always
use this identity when sending or replying to this recipient".  And
while my redirect idea didn't work for this particular problem, I'd
love to see the redirect capability as one of the filter options.

--
Brenda