[imp] Chinese folder name display problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 25 12:38:50 PST 2003

Quoting Jerome Walters <jeronimo at fixity.net>:

> I am experiencing the same problem by myself. When I create Cyrillic
> folders
> using netscape or outlook they are not properly displayed in IMP.
>
> Regards,
> Jerome Walters

So why don't you enable the utf support? This is a great step forward
especially for all users with "non-standard" charsets. Why don't you use
this feature?

The iconv extension can't handle utf7-imap charsets and the mbstring
extension can't handle Big5 and Cyrillic charsets, so we can't convert
between them. UTF-8 if working perfectly.

Jan.