[imp] Sent Mail folder

Simon Chappell s.chappell at isnsuk.com
Sat Mar 29 11:13:57 PST 2003

I havce been having strange problems with the saving of sent mail.
It seems to be intermittant. The problem has followed me through 2
servers. I had told the users that it was down to an underpowered server
but it seems that even the replacement suffers the sam problem.
Some users are using netscape as a mail client instead of horde and do
not seem to have the problem at all on either server, and the
netscape-mail clients are configured to save sent-mail to the same
folder in the inbox on the imap server.
My server was
RH 7.3
Qmail 1.03 with ldap
Courier Imap
Apache 1.3.27
PHP 4.1.2
Horde: 2.1
IMP: 3.1
Turba: 1.1
Kronolith: 1.0
Mnemo: 1.0
Nag: 1.0

I have installed a new server with RH 8.0
Qmail 1.03 with Ldap(And without)
Courier-imap(also tried Binc Imap)
Apache 2.0.44
PHP 4.2.2
Horde: 2.2.1
IMP: 3.2.1
Turba: 1.2
Kronolith: 1.0
Mnemo: 1.1
Nag: 1.1
Passwd: 2.2

I have also tried with CVS.
It seems to be ok if i send one email , it saves to sent mail , all
subsequent mails fail to send. If i go into sent mail after each send
then then compose it works ok for one mail. It is not really a feasable
workaround to go in and out of the sent-mail folder after every mail is
sent.
I have even setup prefs.php so that it saves whether they want it to or
not and the same problem occurs.

On the plus side horde is very cool and I love it but for this fairly
large issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Simon