[imp] Add new translation for IMP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Mar 30 01:04:14 PST 2003

Quoting Parham <parham at bornisgroup.com>:

> i wish to add Persian(Farsi) translation for IMP.and i am new to IMP.
> I have installed IMP in my website. i have a hosting on a linux server
> that's running IMP.
> so i have some problems:
> 'when i address xgettext.sh in my internet browser :

> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /horde/po/xgettext.sh on this server.

You need shell access on the server to access xgettext.sh or
translation.php, you can't access these scripts from your browser.

> i can make fa_FA.po with changing other .po translation , but then how i
> can convert that to imp.mo ? is any one , for converting my .po file and
> then send it for me?

If you can't use the translation tools because you don't have shell access
to the server, just take the .pot files from the applications' po directory
and translate them.
You can then send these translations to the i18n mailing list (where should
also send any further questions) we will include them into CVS and compile
them. You can then get the compiled .mo files from our CVS server.

Jan.