[imp] forcing certain settings to look in database

Vince LaMonica vjl at uci.edu
Mon Mar 31 10:59:59 PST 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Jan Schneider wrote:

[i wrote:]
} > What I'd like to do is login as a user, make the needed changes to the
} > fullname/from: header [with 'locked' being set to false], logout, and
} > then
} > change prefs.php to mark 'locked' as true.
} >
} > Is this possible? Any advice would be most appreciated.
}
} This should be possible, though if the algorithm to translate the from
} addresses is deterministic, why don't you use the from hook?

The From_ address can be found by doing a lookup in the
/etc/postfix/virtual file, but the full name is only stored in the horde
database. I'd much rather pull that data from the horde db than to try and
parse the info from postfix's virtual file, since the db contains both the
fullname and From_ fields. Worse case sceniro, I could add a fullname
field to the virtual file ala a comment after each entry.

What I'd rather do is find the if statement that tells IMP to look into
the db if changing fullname/from is allowed, since I want IMP to look into
the db either even if changing those fields isn't allowed.

} And btw, you don't need 10 installs to host virtual domains unless you want
} to provide different version numbers to these domains.

Is there a FAQ I missed about this? I want/need to keep different sets of
prefs for the domains [eg: lock one domain out of changing their From_
header, but not another domain].

TIA,

/vjl/

--
Vince LaMonica               UC Irvine,  School  of  Social Ecology
 W3 Developer       <*>      116 Social Ecology I, Irvine, CA 92697

 Tower: "Delta Zulu Romeo, turn right now and report your heading."
 Pilot: "Wilco. 341, 342, 343, 344, 345..."