quota UI (was Re: [imp] minor readability fix in folders page)

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Tue Apr 1 12:38:59 PST 2003

> I've committed basically this to HEAD, with a few other changes. Take a look
> and see what folks think...

Cool.

Since we're talking about the folder UI, I've attached a PNG of how we're going
to display quota information on the folder management page.  I've also included
an updated PNG of how that would look on mailbox.php.

I still think it blends into the UI better than the big "notification" style
table cell that pops up.  Though, I do think displaying an quota message at
login (like the last login message) would be cool. You know something like..

$notification->push(sprintf("You are using %.0fMB (%.0f%%) of your %.0fMB
limit.", $taken, $percent, $total), 'horde.message');

Depending on quota usage, it could be horde.message, horde.warning or horde.error.

It sounded like Jan felt strongly that the quota information should be display
on mailbox.php, message.php and folder.php.  There are pretty obvious places to
put it on the mailbox and folder screens.   To stay consistant with the layout
I'm proposing, the quota usage should be displayed in the upper right hand
corner.. which doesn't really work on the individual message screen.  The
subject row could be made taller, and quota info could be placed above the top
instance of "Move | Copy Message <folder list>", but that row is already pretty
busy.

There's the large empty area in the lower left hand corner, on the opposite side
of the row across from "Move | Copy Message <folder list>", but while that's
empty space, that would make that UI element jump around, which isn't great.

Anyhoo, consider it.  I think it's more elegant that the current stuff, but
obviously I'm biased.

Liam