[imp] Re: how do I change the language

Sasa sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Sun Apr 6 12:37:05 PDT 2003

This is the answer I have got form Jessian:
---------
Linux has a command that install the locale
of native languages, and this affects the
behaviour of IMP. I did this just yesterday
and the result was to correct a similar problem.

The command is "localedef" and I suggest you
read the manual. But I can tell you the
command line that I used here:

localedef -ci /usr/share/i18n/locales/pt_BR -f ISO_8859-1 pt_BR

Look at the /usr/share/i18n/locales directory and see
if the source files for your native language is there.
Then instead of using pt_BR, use the string of your language
and see if ISO_8859-1 applies also.

Sasa