[imp] Latest IE Update

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Apr 9 20:49:01 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

| Quoting James Kelty <jkelty at pdx.edu>:
|
| > Hello,
| > I have reports from my helpdesk that the latest IE 6 patch Q813951 is
| > causing IMP to hang. Once the user logs in, when they click on INBOX,
| or
| > Mail, or the Mail icon at the bottom, it hangs. Not sure why, just
| > thought I would let you all know.
| >
| > -James
|
| If it is what we're seeing, it only happens sometimes, and for some
| people,
| etc.  Seems to be due to compression.  I've solved any problems I've seen
| by turning off page compression for IE 6.

Should we turn compression off for all IE6 browsers?  I would hesitate to do
this (become this would eliminate compression for a large population of
users) - but I don't see much other choice.  Or do these buggy IEs output a
particular browser string that we can identify and isolate?  (As I've said
in the past, I have seen this on my computer at work but not at home.  I'll
take a look at the browser output the next time I'm at work).

michael