[imp] Problem with IMP & POP3

Miroslaw Jaworski mjaw at ipartners.pl
Thu Apr 10 15:41:54 PDT 2003

* Andreas Danzer (ad at ixx.com) [030410 14:19] wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> JS> Disable the maintenance task that deletes old mails.
>
> thanks for the hint. But I've already disbled maintenance in the
> prefs. It's off and not displayed as an option to users anymore.
> IMP just seems not to care about it's configuration... ;-/

It's possible, that noone sees it, because you locked this preference.
But, messages are still deleted (even for new user), because the
preference is set in the manner everyone has deletion forced.

Make sure IMP asks for cleaning mailbox ( listen to the user session
on the POP3 server ), check IMP sources, especially conditions (flags)
needed for maintenance to occur, and check this flags in your config
file.

Regards

M.

--
Miroslaw.Jaworski at gts.pl  ( Psyborg )  MJ102-RIPE  GTS Internet Partners SA
Servers Administration Department Manager