[imp] strange folder problems w/IMP

Kevin Hanser imp at hanser.org
Sun Apr 13 23:02:03 PDT 2003

Hello,
I'm experiencing a strange occasional folder problem w/IMP.  Somtimes, when i
try to open a particular folder, IMP will just "go away".  By "go away", I
mean that the IE icon just keeps spinning, and the folder never opens...  If I
login to the account, and use pine to access my mailbox, I can see the folder
and all the messages inside it.  In the past when I've had this happen, I have
been able to resolve the problem sometimes by deleting a message or two from
the problem folder in pine, and exiting out and expunging the deleted
messages.  After that, I would then be able to get to the folder in IMP...

However, I now have 2 folders that can't be accessed thru IMP, and the
messages in them are rather important, so I don't really want to just start
deleting things.  Same as previous times, I can see them all fine in pine...

Does anybody have any suggestions on what might be causing this problem, and
whan I can do to fix it, and my affected folders?  Is there a utility that can
check linux mail folders for corruption and repair them...?

My system is running:

RedHat 7.3
Horde 2.1 RC3
IMP 3.1