[imp] Problem with latest version of Horde and IMP

Drew J. Como dcomo at bascom.com
Tue Apr 15 09:23:22 PDT 2003

All,

I upgraded to the latest version of Horde and IMP last night,
and now I am getting the following error displayed on the screen
during login and logout.

	Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
	which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
	extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
	register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
	warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
	off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

I searched around for an answer and thought that I had found one.
It told me to make a few changes inside of my php.ini file.  Though I didn't
have one, I took one of the samples and renamed it and put it into my
/usr/local/lib folder.  (This is where phpconfig() told me it should go.)

I changed the following:

	session.bug_compat_42 = on
	session.bug_compat_warn = off

However, I don't know if the file is being ignored since the problem still
exists or what.  Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks :-)

Drew J. Como             Phone: 631-434-6600
Systems Administrator      Fax: 631-434-7800
dcomo at bascom.com         Web: www.bascom.com
    Bascom Global Internet Services, Inc.