[imp] Segfaulting in php-imap

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Tue Apr 15 12:05:14 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Crispin Olson <colson at rdemail.com> wrote:

> Using the RPMS on the horde ftp site for php 4.2.3, php-imap segfaults
> on the call to imap_headerinfo if the message has more than about 30
> recipients. On the 4.1.2 that comes with RedHat 7.3 it works fine. I'd
> like to resolve where the issue is here (c-client?) - has anyone else
> seen this?

Hm.  No, I haven't.  I am very interested in feedback on the RPMs, and
problems like this.  Can you give me more details for your system, like:

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
$ rpm -qa | egrep '^(glibc|imap|apache|php|openssl)-'

(and whatever other RPMs you think are relevant).  I could try to
reproduce it here.  And of course also what Horde/IMP/etc. you're using.

> One diference is the redhat one uses a shareable lib for the imap addon
> - the one on horde.org doesn't

Not sure what you mean.  I try to have the Horde SPEC file stay very close
to Red Hat's and I don't think I made any changes in this regard.  If you
mean a PHP shared library:

$ rpm -qlp /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/php-imap-4.2.3-0horde2.i386.rpm
/usr/lib/php4/imap.so

Do you mean, the PHP imap.so in turn doesn't use the UW-IMAP (c-client)
shared library?

> Also - do you think the developer of php-imap

That would be me.  :-)

> could be persuaded to come up with imap_body_to_stream (being passed a
> file pointer to a stream), and similar for all the various part fetch
> routines - it would save an awful lot of memory usage in IMP wouldn't
> it?

I don't know enough about IMAP c-client and PHP to know what you're
asking; I can only say I'm not interesting in doing something
"non-standard" like adding another function to c-client, or changing PHP's
IMAP support to call a different c-client function, or whatever.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html