[imp] Segfaulting in php-imap

Crispin Olson colson at rdemail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:40:22 PDT 2003

Quoting: "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn at horde.org>

> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Crispin Olson <colson at rdemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Using the RPMS on the horde ftp site for php 4.2.3, php-imap
segfaults
> > on the call to imap_headerinfo if the message has more than about 30
> > recipients. On the 4.1.2 that comes with RedHat 7.3 it works fine.
I'd
> > like to resolve where the issue is here (c-client?) - has anyone
else
> > seen this?
>
> Hm.  No, I haven't.  I am very interested in feedback on the RPMs, and
> problems like this.  Can you give me more details for your system,
like:

> $ cat /etc/redhat-release

Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)

> $ rpm -qa | egrep '^(glibc|imap|apache|php|openssl)-'

apache-1.3.27-2
glibc-common-2.2.5-43
openssl-devel-0.9.6b-32.7
php-4.2.3-0horde2
php-mcrypt-4.2.3-0horde2
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-7.16
glibc-2.2.5-43
glibc-devel-2.2.5-43
apache-devel-1.3.27-2
openssl-0.9.6b-32.7
php-imap-4.2.3-0horde2
php-mysql-4.2.3-0horde2

> (and whatever other RPMs you think are relevant).  I could try to
> reproduce it here.  And of course also what Horde/IMP/etc. you're
using.

Latest release - 2.2.1/3.2.1
> > One diference is the redhat one uses a shareable lib for the imap
addon
> > - the one on horde.org doesn't

I think I messed up there - you are correct, it uses imap.so

To see the prob, send an email with a lot of recipients (my test was
130).
You get "page not found" because php segfaults in imap_headerinfo. As I
said, fine if I pull all the php rpms here, and use the redhat distro
one.
I wanted your distro to fix the crypt performance issues (by using
mcrypt), and didn't want to hand build php with the mcrypt extension,
nor use the RELENG branch release.

Crispin Olson