[imp] Re: Problem with S/MIME signed messages

Roger Håkansson hson at ludd.luth.se
Fri Apr 18 22:01:02 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck at horde.org>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.horde.imp
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 16:32
Subject: Re: Problem with S/MIME signed messages

> Quoting Didi Rieder <adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at>:
>
> > When I get a S/MIME signed message with an attachment (composed with
> > mozilla- mail), IMP does not recognize or show that there is an
attachment
> > in this message.
> >
> > Any solution?
>
> Always update HEAD checkouts before reporting problems.

The problem exists even in the latest code(cvs update two hours ago) and as
far as I can tell its for all content-types except for text/plain.
So if you get a pkcs7-signed mail with lets say three attachments, one
pdf-file, one zip-file and a regular text-file, IMP will display:
" This message has been digitally signed via S/MIME.
 The message has been verified.

 unnamed text/plain 0.27 KB
This is a test
--
Roger Håkansson

 test.txt text/plain 0.11 KB

Just a testtext

Click to Save S/MIME certificate in your Address book.
Show S/MIME certificate details."

If I send the same thing without signing it IMP correctly displays the all
attachments "among the headers".

I've tried several types of files, and text/plain are the only one that
shows up, text/html gives you a link which if you follow it gives you a
empty page.

(Tests were done using Outlook Express as sending MUA)
--
Roger Håkansson