[imp] quota on wu-imap RH9

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 24 13:53:32 PDT 2003

Quoting ramesh at rect.edu:

> hi all
>
>   I am currently setting up horde2.2/imp3.2 on Redhat 9,with wu-imap, and
> trying to display quota as described in
> https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/wu-
> imap-quotas/
> but i am getting only "quota not available" printed. Can any body help fixing
> this script, b'cause it works in RH7.x.

The script was for RH 6.x and 7.x.  It doesn't work as is on RH 8/9 because
the quota system was changed.  The fix is somewhat trivial, but I've not
got around to it yet as it doesn't affect me (I use NFS, so it works fine
for me).

The problem is that in RH 6/7, quota returned the mount point (e.g. /home
or /var/users or whatever) but in RH 8/9 it returns the device name
(e.g. /dev/sda1 or /dev/hda3).  The script gets the home directory, and
greps the quota for that directory.  So we need some way to convert the
device name to the mount point.

If you only have one quota-enabled device, you can just skip the mount point
check and grep on some other keyword.  But if you have multiple quota-enabled
devices, then you need to find a conversion...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!