[imp] IMP, and NS-mail-type patch

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Apr 27 01:10:02 PDT 2003

Quoting Paul Reilly <pareilly at tcd.ie>:

> I think the reason it wasn't committed in to the main IMP tree,
> was that it only worked with certain IMAP server software (not sure
> which one).

All of these explanations are entertaining, but the original conversation is
actually in the mailing list archives... We didn't include the patch
because the benefit (providing a power-user interface) was offset by
significant disadvantages (*very* tangled code changes and checks in pretty
much every single file to make it work, some inconsistencies despite that,
and the effect of making the UI hard to document). That's the summary as I
recall it, anyway.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.