[imp] IMAP problem with IMP

John Merriam johnm at ntplx.net
Tue Apr 29 14:13:32 PDT 2003

Hello.  I can not log into IMP on a new Horde/IMP installation.  It
appears to be some type of IMAP issue.  When I run the IMAP test at
/horde/imp/test.php it says the following:

PHP IMAP Support Test
server="mail.domain.com" user="foo"
mailbox="{mail.domain.com:143/imap}INBOX"

array(1) {
   [0]=>
string(52) "Can't connect to mail.domain.com,143: Bad file number"
}

It's the same when testing imap/notls

/horde/test.php reports that my version of PHP is supported and that I'm
only missing the DOM XML, FTP, LDAP, MCAL and Postgres modules; my Misc
PHP Settings are all Yes; and I'm only missing the Date and
HTML_Common/HTML_Select PEAR modules.

The web server is a Solaris 8 sparc machine running Apache 2.0.45 with
worker MPM, PHP 4.3.1, Horde 2.2.3 and IMP 3.2.1.

My php.ini is php.ini-dist from PHP 4.3.1, I have configured Apache,
Horde and IMP according to the instructions.  I think it is setup to use
the IMP authentication.  But since the IMP test page fails I would
figure it wouldn't work no matter what my settings are.  Any solutions
or suggestions would be welcome.  Thank you.

johnm at ntplx.net