[imp] outlook to sent mail

Nate nmollring at cennecs.org
Tue Apr 29 23:00:30 PDT 2003

Quoting Robert Clemens <robert at solidsolutions.net>:

> Using IMAP does seem to work pretty well. I would've liked to figure it
> out with pop though.
Pop is real simple--Inbox only--everything else is done locally in the mail client.

It did save my sent mail. I'm not sure if it
> doesn't save a certain type of mail or not. One thing I'm encountering,
> is quite a bit of connections to the imap server when using outlook or
> mozilla's email program to use imap.
Imap has lots of different functions, and may require multiple connections.

I had to jump my imap server
> connections per ip up as well as increase the programs cache limit. I
> think this will work for now. I seem to be overlooking it or something,
> but is there an option somewhere where I can pick which folder to save
> sent mail in through IMP?
Options, Personal Information, Edit your Identities, then change the sent mail
folder.  Or change the default in /imp/config/prefs.php.  Or change the sent
folder in the mail client (outlook, outlook express, mozilla).
Nate