[imp] IMAP problem with IMP

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Wed Apr 30 18:44:22 PDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, John Merriam <johnm at ntplx.net> wrote:

> Well, I've tried four different versions of PHP and two different
> versions of c-client, still does the same thing.  The last combo was
> php-4.2.3 (yes I did update pear) with imap-2001a (compiled without SSL
> support), which I remember someone saying was a good combo these days.

In addition to what Michael said, PHP 4.2.3 + IMAP 2001a is not a good
combination either; it sort-of works but see problems posted to the list
in the last month.  We fell back to PHP 4.2.2 and security patches to
solve those.  PHP 4.3.x is probably a better idea if you're starting
fresh.

> > string(52) "Can't connect to mail.domain.com,143: Bad file number"

Boy, that sounded familiar, but I searched the archive and my IMP mail
folder and came up blank.

> > The web server is a Solaris 8 sparc machine running Apache 2.0.45 with
> > worker MPM, PHP 4.3.1, Horde 2.2.3 and IMP 3.2.1.

How did you compile c-client?  I used to run on Solaris 8 (though that was
with Apache 1.3.x) and I can give you the scripts I used to compile things
(contact me off-list).  What compiler?  (I used GCC 2.95.x)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html